Thursday, May 22, 2008

Maine's Bounty: Lobster, Literature, and Dahlov Ipcar

It's funny, my first reaction to this article headline was "No Fair" - that little school in Maine gets to have the First Lady (Bush I thought) AND a magnificent artist read to them? At my children's schools, much larger than Georgetown Central, got me as a guest reader on these "reading days" - never famous people! I did get chastised once though for "rumpus-ing" too much while reading "Where the Wild Things Are" since the teacher next door could hear me!

I wonder if anyone has ever chastised Dahlov Ipcar - the wonderful artist and illustrator for being to rowdy while reading?

Read the article here (it's Maine's 1st Lady by the way):MaineToday.com | News Update: First Lady, Dahlov Ipcar, read to students

Or take some time and explore the works of Dhalov Ipcar who resides in Georgetown, Maine. The art of this fine woman is not what you expect of Maine artist check it out at Dahlov Website

No comments: